Thread: Problem with Access runtime

Problem with Access runtime

I've made a little progress with packaging and making a runtime file for my Access 2007 app, using Microsoft info pages, but for some reason I'm getting a blank application open when I test-package it and then try and run the file.

Basically, I created a private certificate using Office Tools, did a "package and publish" inside Access, then (as advised by MS) changed the file extensions to .accdr, created a shortcut and edited the shortcut executable so that it had /runtime at the end.

What actually happened is that it opened up a blank environment, but with the Acrobat tab of the Office 2007 ribbon showing (and nothing else). (I have Acrobat 9 Pro installed). No idea why???

What I want it to do (at the moment) is open up one of the forms by default, so users can enter information- or even better, open up multiple forms together.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks!

With Access in rutime mode the navigation pane is not available. This mean you must provide your own navigation. You can use a custom ribbon or a switchboard/menu form.

Have you set a start up form to display when the database opens?

Have you already Split your Access database into application and data (click here)?

TIP: To test your front end rename it to a .accdr and then open it. The will force the Full version of Access to open in runtime mode so you can test.

Also See: Access Runtime FAQs
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)