Thread: Concatenate

Concatenate

I am using Access 2007. I have three columns, fst,lst and name. How do I get the column "name" to contain "fst and last"? So basically I have a table with first name and last name in seperate fields. I would like to concatenate them into one field called name. What is the simplest way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

Write an update query. The field you will update will be "name". This would be how your would write what goes into the row that specifies how you want the field named "name" updated: [fst] & " " & [lst]
    The SQL statement for this update query would look like this:
    UPDATE Table1 SET name = [fst] & " " & [lst];
    You should change "Table1" to be the name of the table you are dealing with.

Thanks for your help, you make it look so easy! I will give that a try. I am pretty new to Access but I am finding my way around pretty well because of help from people like you.

Thanks again!

Bob

Bob, after 20 years of doing MS Access, I should be able to make easy things easy. But when I first started, this was VERY DIFFICULT. Experience is a wonderful thing. Keep digging for answers, and asking questions when you need to.
    Vic

Well said. Thank you.

Bob