Thread: db2 select previous day qry

Post db2 select previous day qry

Hi I need to select previous day on db2 database to automate a process.
    Select *
    from table
    where created_date > (SELECT date(days(current date) - 1)
    FROM SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1)
    This qry bring previous day in format '3/9/2011 12:00:00 AM' but I need the result in 'YYYY-MM-DD-00.00.00.000000' format in order to read from db2 table.

ipeoples. I am not sure where you are doing your query to get that format of a Timestamp in you result but it is just how that process is displaying it. DB2 Timestamp format is YYYY-MM-DD-00.00.00.000000.

However, if your tables column CREATED_DATE data type is timestamp then you only need:
    Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM table
    WHERE CREATED_DATE > CURRENT TIMESTAMP - 1 DAY

Quote Originally Posted by SDas View Post
    ipeoples. I am not sure where you are doing your query to get that format of a Timestamp in you result but it is just how that process is displaying it. DB2 Timestamp format is YYYY-MM-DD-00.00.00.000000.

However, if your tables column CREATED_DATE data type is timestamp then you only need:
    Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM table
    Thanks SDas, IT works great!

Quote Originally Posted by SDas View Post

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM table
    I've found that CURRENT TIMESTAMP - 1 DAYS can return results limited by the time of day returned by CURRENT TIMESTAMP. For instance, if it's 3:39 PM on 1/2/2015, then CURRENT TIMESTAMP - 1 DAYS would actually return 3:39 PM on 1/1/2015. To return all results for the previous day, regardless of time, I used the below:

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM table
    WHERE (CREATED_DATE > varchar_format(current timestamp - 1 DAYS, 'YYYY-MM-DD')) AND (CREATED_DATE < varchar_format(current timestamp, 'YYYY-MM-DD'));
    Sorry for replying to a dead post, but it showed on Google as a result for an issue I was having and I wanted to ensure other viewers could be helped.