Thread: How to view to filtered report in SSRS based on username of user who has logged in?

How to view to filtered report in SSRS based on username of user who has logged in?

I have SSAS cubes serving as a data source for my SSRS reports. Since SSRS and SSAS both use Windows authentication I have a constraint that whenever a person login to the system to view the reports he should only be able to see the reports catering to his dept.

for ex: Suppose there are two users userA and userB. userA operates in India and userB operates in China. I have created a mapping table in SSAS of user with operating place like this:

Table :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UserName OperatingPlace

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

userA India

userB China

Now what I want to achieve is that whenever userA logins into the system to view the SSRS reports he should be able to see only the records belonging to India in the SSRS report and when userB logins he should be able to see only the records belonging to China in the SSRS report

Q) Can this be achieved through SSAS or SSRS?

Q) Do I need to pass any kind of parameter to the datasource(SSAS cubes) from SSRS reports so that the data is filtered there in cubes itself?

Note: I am very new to SSAS and SSRS.

Hi Jai,

Do one thing like create parameters in SSRS and in the report manager create linked reports and assign these reports to particular users.