Thread: Subquery returned more than one value

Angry Subquery returned more than one value

I have included the MS SQL that is causing the problem and a screen print of the error message.

I am a novice with little or no experience of SQL, but I have a distant background of COBOL & MANTIS plus several years of sytem analysis. The SQL was cobbled together with the help of a slightly less green novice and had been working fine for over a month, but now fails.

I have one table (Improvements) holding the basic information of the improvement and another that may hold one or more entries containing progress updates (there could be none for a CIPID). If there is more than one entry for the CIPID, I need to select the latest dated entry, but if there are no entries I still need to extract the base data for that CIPID from the Improvements table. The remainder of the referenced tables just hold numeric to text conversions for Department, functional team and primary service.

Please can anyone help me to get this working again as I need use this extract on the first working day of January next year
    Attached Files Attached Files