Thread: Peformance Tunning for a database of 65 million rows Any suggestion pleas!!!!!!!!!!

Peformance Tunning for a database of 65 million rows Any suggestion pleas!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

I am working on a database which has 65 million rows into it. It is a fact table. I have created the indexes and primary keys for the fact table. But it is taking time to run the queries. i want to improve its performance. I want to do performance tuning of this database. Any suggestions regarding performance tunning. How can i improve the performance of my database. I am using oracle 10g

I am a fresher in the DBA field. So any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

what does the developer says ? Normaly it´s his job to find a sollution, because you often can´t change the application.

when there are historical data in the table, perhaps it´s a sollution to outsource it into a history-table.

another idea, change the table into a partitioned table.
    But for this, you need the oracle enterprise edition and you have to pay for the partitioning option.
    Nex ist, that you need to find out which field would be suited for partitioning - a field which is in every (or near every) where statement.

regards

chris