Thread: Electronical data Interchange (EDI) using Access Database

Electronical data Interchange (EDI) using Access Database

Guys,

this is the second time i am talking about this matter on this Forum because last time i did not get good reply the issue is as follow

i have a MS access data base that we need to use to transfer and receive data from our customers electronically thru EDI but i am not very advanced to EDI programation last time i tried to down load Fredi version samples to learn something but i could not if any one is more advanced in this kind of programation just instruct me to know what i can do and what kind of software technology to use

Quote Originally Posted by FMKA View Post
    Guys,

this is the second time i am talking about this matter on this Forum because last time i did not get good reply the issue is as follow

i have a MS access data base that we need to use to transfer and receive data from our customers electronically thru EDI but i am not very advanced to EDI programation last time i tried to down load Fredi version samples to learn something but i could not if any one is more advanced in this kind of programation just instruct me to know what i can do and what kind of software technology to use
    Here is the original post if anyone is interest:

Click Here
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

FMKA,
    You said it yourself, you are not good at programming. If I were in your position I would look for someone to hire that has experience in EDI. I would also suggest the first place to look is on a forum like this, and to look at those that have already offered you much good advice. HiTech Coach is where I personally would look. The only things I know about this person is what I have seen in this forum, and what I have seen is someone that should be able to help you, and do a very good job in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by GolferGuy View Post
    FMKA,
    You said it yourself, you are not good at programming. If I were in your position I would look for someone to hire that has experience in EDI. I would also suggest the first place to look is on a forum like this, and to look at those that have already offered you much good advice. HiTech Coach is where I personally would look. The only things I know about this person is what I have seen in this forum, and what I have seen is someone that should be able to help you, and do a very good job in the process.
    maybe i misunderstood you. but i said i am not good in EDI programation i can program other things but EDI i still have difficulties

Sorry, but after the good advice HiTech Coach left you, but did not seem detailed enough, I assumed your programming skills were not that good. Please accept my apologies. But my advice still stands, HiTech Coach looks like a real good source of help. If the advice given is not as much as you want, again I'll say, maybe you should think about a short term contract to help get you up to speed rather than asking for a ton of assistance. Generally forums are to help us with small problems, not do a ton of free work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GolferGuy View Post
    Sorry, but after the good advice HiTech Coach left you, but did not seem detailed enough, I assumed your programming skills were not that good. Please accept my apologies. But my advice still stands, HiTech Coach looks like a real good source of help. If the advice given is not as much as you want, again I'll say, maybe you should think about a short term contract to help get you up to speed rather than asking for a ton of assistance. Generally forums are to help us with small problems, not do a ton of free work for us.
    thanks i will see it later as is not urgents at the present time