Thread: Access 2000/2003 with Vista

Access 2000/2003 with Vista

Hello everyone. I hope someone has encountered and fixed the problem i am facing here! I had a project in Access 2000 and my it worked perfectly in WINXP. My client chose to upgrade to WIN VISTA and i upgraded to Access2003 to minimize the problems. So the problem is this:

Whenever i open the project and go to a specific Form where a custom made toolbar is shown, the dropdown list of the menus is listing only an item named "Other" and nothing else! If i execute "Compact and Repair Database" the menus are working perfectly as long as i keep the project open. When i close it and reopen it the same problem appears again! Does anyone has a solution for this strange behavior?

Thanks
    Last edited by ka1972; 01-06-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ka1972 View Post
    Hello everyone. I hope someone has encountered and fixed the problem i am facing here! I had a project in Access 2000 and my it worked perfectly in WINXP. My client chose top upgrade to WIN VISTA and i upgraded to Access2003 to minimize the problems. So the problem is this:

Whenever i open the project and go to a specific Form where a custom made toolbar is shown, the dropdown list of the menus is listing only an item named "Other" and nothing else! If i execute "Compact and Repair Database" the menus are working perfectly as long as i keep the project open. When i close it and reopen it the same problem appears again! Does anyone has a solution for this strange behavior?

Thanks

try to create .MDE File and try

Problem is that i haven't finished the tuning of the project so i will probably have to continue changing bits of coding so i would rather not make an MDE file if there is another way of solving this problem.

Thanks anyway

is there another solution out there?

Did you upgrade the mdb file to 2002-2003 format or just the Access you are using to work with the mdb file? You shouldn't need to upgrade the file itself, if that's what you did.
    Bob Larson
    Former Access MVP
    2008-2010

first i upgraded only the access from 200 to 2003 but due to the problem i am referring now, i upgraded the file also but nothing changed. The weird thing is that it happens only to this particular custom menu. All the other menus i had created in the mdb file work perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by ka1972 View Post
    first i upgraded only the access from 200 to 2003 but due to the problem i am referring now, i upgraded the file also but nothing changed. The weird thing is that it happens only to this particular custom menu. All the other menus i had created in the mdb file work perfectly!
    Could be corruption creeping in. Have you tried importing everything to a brand new, clean mdb file?
    Bob Larson
    Former Access MVP
    2008-2010

that is a great and simple idea that it hadn't crossed my mind! i will try it! thanks!!