Thread: user maintenance

user maintenance

In my database i have 4 tables named table1,table2,table3,table4.
    I have a requirement

What i want is,

An SQL user named 'testuser' should be able to access only table4.
    This has been done without any problem.

No other SQL User should be able to access table4 but should be able to access
    all the other three tables.
    SO I created a new role, Granted all the permissions(select,insert,update,view definition etc.) to it and denied all the permissions(select, insert,update,view definition etc.) on the specific object table4. so I added all the other SQL users in this role. It works perfect.

But Now what i want is that, not even any windows admin should be able to access table4. so i removed builtin\administrators from sysadmin Fixed Server role, created a user corresponding to Builtin\administrators in the database, Added that user to the new role that i created. But still when i log in using the credentials of my windows administrators account, i am able to see table4.

what do i need to do???

thanks

Can you do anything in table4? Does your account a member of sysadmin or db_owner?

YES, I can do everything in tabl4.
    My login is not the member of sysadmin or db_owner.
    I have removed BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS from sysadmin group as well.

Drop BUILTIN\ADMINISTRATORS login and if you are running SQL Services with domain user account, add that account to sysadmin role.

Any other group in sysadmin or db_owner? You may in that group if has one.

Yes there was a windows group, SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$DEVPD01$MSSQLSERVER created automatically on installation, in sysadmin role. And somehow i was a member of that role. I dont know how But i removed it and it is working now. Thanks to all