Thread: Actions

Question Actions

I need to create an ACTION in SSAS 2005. The action target is on a dimension attribute. On clicking the attribute(Pool Name) the values of the post code attribute of the related dimension are generated and passed by MDX action exprtession to a goggle map url for a visual display of the post code location.

I suppose I may have to use the DESCENDANT function of
    DESCENDANT([Dimension.Postcode]) to retieve the postcode values at the member level and passed to a URL action for google map.

How do you post two or more post codes to google map to display ?

Please help.

A Little More Information ....

Are you wanting to see multiple locations on a zoomable map? Can you point to an example where you have seen anything like this before?

This "map url" action is a most common scenario, used in AS tutorials all over the web and in popular books, but I can't recall ever having seen the online map interfaces accepting multiple locations - except, perhaps, in "From" - "To" scenarios, with points in between, for trip planning, etc. Is this what you are trying to accomplish? How would you click on multiple Postal Codes in AS, if they are members that are displayed individually? Do you need to pass a higher level of convergence? If so, it would need to be something that the map application could recogniize and accept ...

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious - get back with a little more detail as to what you are attempting to achieve, and we'll try to help further.

Thanks!

Bill

And fom the Perspective of "How?"

I came across this in an unrelated project today ...

http://www.ssas-info.com/analysis-se...nd-multiselect

See if this approximates what you're trying to do. OPENROWSET might be of interest.

Good Luck.

Bill