Thread: MSAS - cannot see some years in Time Dim

MSAS - cannot see some years in Time Dim

I have a cube with time dimension on SQL Server 2000-MSAS, I think it is using Server time, because when I edit the cube I do not see any Time dimension table. When I browse the data in the cube, I only see data of 2 years 08 and 09, but there are data in the fact table of other years like 07. 06, 05 etc. I need to show data from these years also. How to do that, there are years tables in the data source which have entries for 07,06.... Can you indicate where do I make changes to show these years.

Thanks

Roy

Do You Know the History of the Cube?

Do you know if, when the Time dim was generated, whether it was done correctly?

When one creates a new server time dimension (right-clicking on the dimensions folder to begin the process, following prompts re: date range and calendars to create fiscal, manufacturing, etc. calendars, and so forth), the option is available to generate a schema, to give the cube underlying data to which it can bind. One then selects the populate data checkbox (otherwise the new table won’t be of much value).

Next, one needs a column in the fact table, which will likely be a date value - I'm assuming you have this, by your description.

Can you see the auto-created table (in the underlying data source) for the time dim? In examining it, can you see all the years you need, or just the two that you say you can see?

Thanks.

Bill