Thread: Help with Tabs

Help with Tabs

Hey All,
    First I AM A NEWBIE and hope that you profies have mercy on me!!
    I collect old bottles and I am trying to make a database to archive my bottles. The problem that I am having is with the tabs. The records do not sync when you go from tab to tab. So if I go to record 5 on the first tab and then go to the second tab it will still be on the last record that I entered. Please help, I dont have much Hair left Her is a pic,,,,,

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff,
    I know that this concept is going to be a little difficult to understand that it could work, but it does, and is very easy to use after you get over the feeling "this won't work." It will work.
    Consider the form that holds the tab control your master form (it really is you master form anyway, just be sure you start thinking of it that way.). Then, each form within your tab control is a sub-form. Now, look at this explanation of how to sync multiple forms: http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...548442&page=10
    Good luck!
    Vic

Thanks Vic, Im on it... I will let you know how it goes.
    Thanks again,
    Jeff

I have almost got it. Now I have got two tabs working, and the third works but I cant enter data right away and I get this message down at the bottom:

"The value cannot be added to this new row untill the row has been committed. Commit the row first and then try adding the value"

If I go back a record and then go forward I can then enter data into that table. So I thought to try this:
    On the Page11 tab I put:
    onclick
    docmd.runcommand acCmdSaveRecord

but that didnt work... any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

I GOT IT....I GOT IT...Im so excited

Private Sub TabCtl0_Change()
    If Me.Dirty Then

Me.Dirty = False

End If
    End Sub

Just forced record save so the row in the table would commit and bingo...
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Glad you got it. Just a hint, as you probably found out, but the CLICK event of tabs or the tab control itself is basically useless. For almost everything you want the tab control's On Change event.
    Bob Larson
    Former Access MVP
    2008-2010