Thread: Filtering Calculated Member Result Sets

Filtering Calculated Member Result Sets

Ok, I am thoroughly at a lost on this. I have struggled for several hours trying to figure out how to apply a filter to my Calculated Member without an answer that works.

I reviewed this post -> http://forums.databasejournal.com/sh...ad.php?t=50270

Which seemed to be what I needed but it doesn't seem to work on dimensions having a string value.?????

Here is my code without the use of the FILTER function, its very simple:

SUM([Measures].[GM ~ Retro Discounts])

What I want to do is filter the sum total of this value based on a dimension which has a code value in string format.

But in a Calculated Member using the following code in effort of getting only records that meet the criteria of the "Billing Type" equal to "F2", I get errors. One of which is " The FILTER function expects a tuple set expression for the 1 argument. A string or numeric expression was used."

FILTER([Measures].[GM ~ Retro Discounts]
    ,[Billing].[Hierarchy].[Billing Type]="[F2]")

Can someone plz help show me what I'm doing wrong?

Help!

Question ...

Is "[F2]" the qualified name of the Billing Type? I doubt it ... is it not something like [Billing Type].[F2] , etc.? (Hard to guess levels with not idea of your model ...)

Get back to us, if the answer doesn't dawn on you, and we'll try to help further...

Bill

Did You Get this One Worked Out?

Didn't hear back from you ... did you get it resolved?

Let us know if we can help further ...

Bill