Thread: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()] Sql Server does not exist or access denied"

"[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()] Sql Server does not exist or access denied"

Hi every one!!!!!
    I am in real problem I have a database server Ms Sql server 2000 standard edition on windows server 20003.We are using Local Autehentication method means when I login to system I enter the correct username and password of Admin. After this I could easily login and start Sql Server using the Enter prize manager. And Sql Server and Sql server agent were set to auto start with os. There was no need to give any further user name or password.It was all well. But suddenly one day when I tried to re login, the system displayed the message that " One of the service or driver failed during start up...." I clicked ok and when I try to connect Sql Server using Sql Server enterprise manager it gave me the message "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()] Sql Server does not exist or access denied" Waiting for your instructions....
    Regards

Looks like someone removed builtin\administrators from sysadmin role, double check with your dba.