Thread: Unable to Open Custom Reports

Unable to Open Custom Reports

I'm not new to SQL but have never looked at custom reporting. I wanted to take a look at the Performance Dashboard Reports that I downloaded. I followed the instructions from your site, I ran the .msi file, I executed the setup.sql script which executed successfully, finally I tried to open reports and I right clicked on my sql server instance to find reports in the cascading menu, it does not appear.

In Studio, I did a file, Open, File. If I choose the performance_dashboard_main.rdl which is indicated in the structions, it just opens the code.

I am running SQL Server Standard Edition, SP2 on this machine with Windows Server 2003.

Can someone please help me with this? I asked the same question on Microsoft's forums and people keep viewing my question but I haven't received any answers.

Are you login to the database server with sa privilege?

Yes, I use NT Authentification with SA credentials.

Did you upgrade your client machine with SP2 as well?

We are running SQL Server Standard Edition, SP2 with a Windows Server 2003 environment.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, my interpretation of the instructions to open the performance_dashboard_main.rdl and to right click on the server instance and choose reports from the cascading menu. However, report is not listed. Is there another way or am I doing something wrong?

Are you running management studio on server itself or trying to run report on some other machine?. Both client and server need to be SP2 for it to work.

That was the issue, I had patched the server but not the client:-(

Thank you so much.