Thread: replicating tables with an identity column fails even with custom stored procedure

jay oleary Guest

replicating tables with an identity column fails even with custom stored procedure

When replicating a table which has an identity column I get the error: "Procedure cp_insert_tblname expects parameter @C1, which was not supplied.". The stored procedure appears to be called without any parameters so my insert stored procedure does not work. I know I'm missing something basic here!! Do I have to add the field names when telling replication to use a custom stored procedure. If not, how do arguments get passed to my SP, as globals somehow?

Any info greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Jay

Jay_Oleary Guest

replicating tables with an identity column fails even with custom stored procedure (reply)

Found the problem. In replication setup manage articles..script, I had cp_insert_tblname instead of call cp_insert_tblname.

------------
    jay oleary at 3/28/99 11:12:22 PM

When replicating a table which has an identity column I get the error: "Procedure cp_insert_tblname expects parameter @C1, which was not supplied.". The stored procedure appears to be called without any parameters so my insert stored procedure does not work. I know I'm missing something basic here!! Do I have to add the field names when telling replication to use a custom stored procedure. If not, how do arguments get passed to my SP, as globals somehow?

Any info greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Jay