Thread: Access 2003 - Reports - Tables

Talking Access 2003 - Reports - Tables

pls see the attachment which contains a db & doc file.
    Could somebody show me how to format the Report therein like the one in the word file. Iam only referring to the tables (or vertical & horizontal line) drawn in the word doc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have not had a change to look at your attachment to see exactly what you need, but if you are wanting to draw lines and grids, then check out this:
    Print Lines
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 03-09-2009 at 09:08 AM.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

You can draw lines using the Line symbol in the toolbox when in the Report Design view. You will need to have the Toolbox Toolbar active.

I have attached an updated version of your database with some line formatting on the report. You will need to do some more formatting etc.
    Allan

HiTechCoach how to use the modules etc found in the site. I have downloaded the zip file and extracted them.

Thanks Allan. Iam aware of the line tool. But it is cubersome to use (moreso when you try to draw lines across sections). One can get a proper line only by hit & trial. I was wonderring some kind of Draw borders/table tool or atleast some mechanism which enables the line to draw across sections.

I did the formatting to your report in few minutes using the line tool. I added a couple of section footers and put some lines in the footer.

I have attached a sample of your formatted report.
    Allan

Is there a More Recent Release of the Tool?

The link given in this thread takes us to a page that shows promise, but are these versions the most recent? They all seem to be years old, and the developer appears to be out of pocket on "extended hiatus."

Just curious ...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Island1 View Post
    The link given in this thread takes us to a page that shows promise, but are these versions the most recent? They all seem to be years old, and the developer appears to be out of pocket on "extended hiatus."

Just curious ...

Bill
    Bill,

I assume you are referring to the site http://www.lebans.com/

The developer is still around and active in the MS groups.

VBA has not really changes a lot in many years.

I find Leban's code is as useful today as it was when it was first written. Lots of the database are in 97 or 2000 format which allow them to be the most compatible with every version of Access that is currently still being used.

I actually refer people regularly to and use code from Leban's site on a regular basis for use in currently developed databases. Even in Access 2007.

IMHO, good well written Access VBA code can be timeless. I still use VBA code that I wrote for use Access 2.0 and 97 even today in Access 2007. After thinking about it, I rarely write much new code, just calls to code libraries that I have been using since Access 97/2000. I just checked and found that I use code that was written over 8 years ago in almost all of my databases.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

Thanks for the Feedback ...

I appreciate the information.

Even though I once had an MS Access column here at Database Journal, I've grown out of touch with the app since version 2000 / 2003 - and while I'm sure it's evolved, I have heard, generally, that the rate of evolution of the core app has slowed.

I was interested in the tool you mentioned as I have a hobbyist friend that needed something with similar capabilties. Thanks to you, I now have both a well-thought-out recommendation!

Bill