Thread: Access Expiration File

Access Expiration File

Hi, I want to know whether it is possible to write a code from VBA in access to verify the expiration of a file either mdb or accdb upon certain date.
    For Example, after about three months, a particular input box should pop up or possible before then, some warning will pop up reminding you that the program will be expiring in five days time and that u should click some where in the program to type in a code and after that the message disappears for another three months else on the fifth day, an input box appears asking for the code and failure to do so, the program exit at every opening.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Engr. Clement View Post
    Hi, I want to know whether it is possible to write a code from VBA in access to verify the expiration of a file either mdb or accdb upon certain date.
    For Example, after about three months, a particular input box should pop up or possible before then, some warning will pop up reminding you that the program will be expiring in five days time and that u should click some where in the program to type in a code and after that the message disappears for another three months else on the fifth day, an input box appears asking for the code and failure to do so, the program exit at every opening.
    Thanks
    Yes it is possible to accomplish what you want.

Note:I rarely use a input box. I like to use forms so I can use VBA code behind the form.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTech Coach
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Office Programming 25+ years as a Software Developer specializing in:
    Business Process Management
    Accounting/Inventory Control
    Customer Relations Management (CRM)
    Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)

Thanks for replying.
    How do I do it. Kindly send me the vba instructon and code.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Engr. Clement View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    How do I do it. Kindly send me the vba instructon and code.
    Thanks
    There are several methods to handle this. Without seeing your database and understanding more about how you will want this to work, I am not sure what would be the best code/method to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi.
    Thanks for repying.
    I want U to design an intruction and kindly load it up for me to download.
    When we need something from this site, most time we talk to Alan and he designs, and update it and then we download and load it as necessary in our application design.
    Thanks

I post answers on several support forums to help others learn how to do things themselves. I am willing to help you learn.

This is not a very simple task. There are many variables to consider. Unfortunately I do not have a free 20 to 40 hours to create a working example for you for free.

If you would like some sample code to help get you started, see this thread I was recently involved in:
    Stopping DB after "free trial" etc
    There are several replies with attachments and sample code. I would urge you to read the complete thread to find the code that works like the way you want.

As you will see thread started at 12-25-2008, 02:08 AM and the last post was on 01-11-2009, 02:42 PM. They really did work on it that long and still were not completely done.

If you are needing this quickly, then I would suggest you check out:
    KeyedAccess
    KeyedAccess is an add-on module for Microsoft Access that handles product key/unlock code validation, giving you the ability to create secure trial/shareware versions of your Access applications, or to enforce monthly or yearly software license renewal. Only a key provided by you will fit the unique lock that KeyedAccess creates on each end-user's computer, and software pirates are prevented from copying, reinstalling, backdating, restoring the registry, or modifying registry keys to get around registration screens.

With KeyedAccess you can:

* Protect your Microsoft Access application from software piracy
    * Insure that your registered application does not get copied to another computer
    * Create a trial period based on days, record insertions, or uses
    * Enforce monthly, 3-month, 6-month, or yearly software license renewal
    * Generate machine or user specific unlock codes
    * Enforce user licenses in a (non-clustered) Terminal Services environment.
    * Warn users when trial or license period is about to expire
    * Use new wizard for easy implementation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]