Thread: SQL stored proc to pupulate Crystal Report data

Angry SQL stored proc to pupulate Crystal Report data

Hi,
    I moved (recreated) SQL server stored proc from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005. This procedure is used in Crystal Report to populate data. The procedure accesses other SQL servers thru Linked servers. It worked fine with Crystal Report while on SQL 2000. Recreated on SQL Server 2005 it gives the following message in Crystal Report:
    "Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to be set for the connection. This ensures consistent query semantics. Enable these options and then reissue your query."
    However the procedure works fine from query analyzer on SQL Server2005.
    I explicitly added SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON when recreated the procedure in SQL 2005(ANSI_NULLS ON is default) . No effect. If anybody knows why there is a conflict between Crystal an SP2005? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Did you check those settings in linked server? Yes, sql2k5 does work differently from sql2k in many areas.

Thanks for the response. The procedure accesses the same linked servers that before when was created on 2k. The procedure runs without any problems from query analyzer on both - 2k and 2k5 SQL servers. The problem begins when I use it to populate Crystal Report data and Crystal launches the procedure.. So I do not think it's database or server settings.

Agree, it's session setting. But you can set it at server level.