Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OLE DB Error in Job Scheduler

The proxy is a domain account. Our DBA team has been logging the failures but has not been able to resolve them yet. As you know, error messages from Microsoft can be pretty cryptic and often read as if they were written for the people who develop their software as opposed to the people who use it. Even our DBA team has had trouble deciphering them. They've talked about involving Microsoft support (we have a contract) but I don't know whether they have done that yet. This thread was my attempt to see how well known this type of issue might be.

Possible to post error from package log (not from job history)?

Unfortunately not. Only system admins have access to those and I don't have that level of access.

Followup: This issue was resolved; apparently there's a temp folder used by SQL Server and permissions needed to be set on it. Don't ask me why SQL Server wouldn't configure that automatically when installing itself but whatever. I have a new issue, however, also related to the job scheduler. Please advise whether to post it in this thread or start a new one. Thanks!

Open a new thread.