Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OLE DB Error in Job Scheduler

Question OLE DB Error in Job Scheduler

I have an SSIS package set up that runs a stored procedure that populates a table, and then exports the table data to Excel. The package runs just fine if I execute it from Visual Studio. I have the package deployed to SQL Server (msdb table) with the protection level set to rely on the server and roles for access control.

I created a scheduled job in SQL Server with one step -- to run the SSIS package. When I try to execute the job I get the error below. Again, this only happens when I try to run the package as a job.

Error: 2009-02-11 10:27:21.24 Code: 0xC0202009 Source: Equipment_Counts_by_Zone Connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x800... The package execution fa... The step failed.

Can someone help my pinpoint the cause of this error and what to do to correct it?

Do you have Integration Service running on the server running SQL Server?

Have to install ssis on sql server first.

SSIS is installed. I should add that jobs that do not export data to Excel are running successfully. Does a Microsoft Jet driver need to be installed on the SQL Server?

Where is excel file?

The Excel file is on another server, and the connection maps to it with a UNC path. The package runs just fine if I execute it locally; it's only in the job scheduler that it fails.

Ensure sql agent service account has permission to access that file.

Is that different than the sqlsrvr account? Also, I should mention that I've tried running the job as SQL Server Agent and also using a proxy account with a credential. No dice either way.

Sql agent service account maybe different from sql engine service account. What are sql agent service account and proxy accout on the server?

Actually I have the file folder permissions wide open. The "Everyone" group has full control for testing purposes, so I don't see how it would be a file permission issue.

If you start sql agent with local system, sql job can't access remote files at all.

The Agent is started with a domain SQL Server account.

Is job owner a member of sysadmin role?

No, but a proxy and a credential have been created for the job owner's account. Our company is very strict about giving out SA rights and even though that would be a simple solution, it's not an option at this time.

Is proxy a domain account? You can enable ssis package logging to get details of failure.