Thread: conditional format column containing blank cells

conditional format column containing blank cells

I have a Matrix column which I want to conditionally format based on the column group value. This works in most cases but there are some cells in column in which I can not access the column's group value so the conditional format does not work.

The cell uses following expression:
    =IIF(Fields!PercentOccupancy.Value IS NOTHING,"0",Fields!PercentOccupancy.Value)

The column group is Matrix1_YearGroup - it's expression is
    =Fields!Year.value

My conditional format expression:
    =IIF(Parameters!Year.value(0)=Fields!Year.Value,"B lack","Red")

in some cases Fields!Year.value equals blank - so causing conditional expression to fail.

My question is: can I access the column group value of Matrix1_YearGroup inside the blank cell? It has the correct Year value in the column header so it most know the group value even if Year.value is blank in a particular cell.

I found a way to get the Year value of the column even inside blank cells.
    The Year column's title is inside a textbox (automatically generated when I addded the Year Group). I can access this title:
    =ReportItems!textbox4.Value in the blank cells so I can make comparison.

Thanks for Posting Your Solution!

We appreciate your posting your solution, for the benefit of others searching for answers along the same lines.

BTW, I show the use of ReportItems! in several places within the tutorial articles of my Reporting Services series, indexed with my other MS Business Intelligence articles at:

http://www.databasejournal.com/article.php/1459531

Good Luck!

Bill