Thread: Replication from 2K to 6.5`

Susan Guest

Replication from 2K to 6.5`

We are currently running replication from a 6.5 pub/dist to 40 other 6.5 servers across the country. We are in the process of upgrading to SQL 2K. I am working on POC at this time and am experiencing problems replicating from 2K to 6.5. I can replicate from 6.5 to 2K, 2K to 7.0, 7.0 to 2K, but not 2K to 6.5.

I can create a publication (using heterogeneous data option), subscribe to the 6.5 server. The snapshot agent runs find, but when the distribution agents starts, it automatically fails with the error

"Login failed- User: Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

I received a document from Microsoft and followed the steps, but receive the exact same message.

Has anyone out successfully replicated from 2K to 6.5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Susan

Sivakumar Guest

Replication from 2K to 6.5` (reply)

Susan,

When upgrading servers configured for replication to SQL Server 2000, the database compatibility level must be set to 70 (version 7.0 compatibility) or later. If you have servers running in 65 (version 6.5) or an earlier compatibility level, temporarily change them to 70 or later during the upgrade process.

Regards,
    Sivakumar

------------
    Susan at 1/10/2002 12:53:55 PM

We are currently running replication from a 6.5 pub/dist to 40 other 6.5 servers across the country. We are in the process of upgrading to SQL 2K. I am working on POC at this time and am experiencing problems replicating from 2K to 6.5. I can replicate from 6.5 to 2K, 2K to 7.0, 7.0 to 2K, but not 2K to 6.5.

I can create a publication (using heterogeneous data option), subscribe to the 6.5 server. The snapshot agent runs find, but when the distribution agents starts, it automatically fails with the error

"Login failed- User: Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

I received a document from Microsoft and followed the steps, but receive the exact same message.

Has anyone out successfully replicated from 2K to 6.5?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Susan