Thread: Capabilities of Access and Websites

Capabilities of Access and Websites

Hi,
    I am in the process of creating an Access database. I am not sure about the abilities of Access at higher levels, and related to websites but I would like to do the following if possible:

Create a website for data entry where all the fields relate to a behind the scenes Access database and people can enter data simply by going to a specific URL and typing into a webpage version of an Access form. I would like to have Introductory pages and so forth (in the website) but will only need one main page of Access.

Is this possible/easy?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

The short answer is No.

You can not place an Access database on a website and use any of the Forms and reports from within the web browser.

You can use the tables in an JET (Access) database to hold data for the web site. You will need to create a new interface using a web based scripting language like ASP/ASP.net. Thos means that you can use the JET database engine to read and write data to the tables in the database file, but you can not use the Access (EXE) interface to dispaly forms or reports on a web site.
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 02-26-2009 at 03:46 AM.