Thread: MDX Calculated Member Help

MDX Calculated Member Help

HI,

I am new to the world of MDX and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to write a calculated member to give me the sum of the lowest level of a hierarchy and then roll those numbers up as you drill up through the hierarchy. Also, I want the measure to only calculate the Pharmacy level's descendants.

Here is where I am.

SUM ( DESCENDANTS([Care Conn Catalog Synonym].[Catalog Type Hierarchy].[Catalog Type Desc].currentmember,[Care Conn Catalog Synonym].[Catalog Type Hierarchy].[Catalog Type Desc].&[Pharmacy]) ,[Measures].[CPOE Order Count])

As written I get a #Value Error.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Can You Restate in the Adventure Works Scenario?

Would you mind restating this using the Adventure Works cube? That will allow us to get you a working example as an answer.

Many thanks!

Bill

Adventure Works Scenario

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. No problem. Here is what I believe is the equivalent calculation using Adventure works.

SUM ( DESCENDANTS([Product].[Product Categories].[Category].currentmember,[Product].[Product Categories].[Category].&[1]) ,[Measures].[Order Count])

So I would like the calculation to add up all Bike Orders and then when I drill down to the Subcategory level to only show the order count for those members that belong to the bike category and to do the same for Product level if I were to drill down again. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you again for your help.