Thread: MS Sql 2000 Connectivity on WorkGroup

MS Sql 2000 Connectivity on WorkGroup

Hi, Pls, I need somebody to professionally direct me on a step by step on how to configure SQL Server 2000 on a workgroup as I am finding it difficult to.
    I have five system and all is running windows XP. I want to make one of the system as my server and the others as clients.
    I designed my application in access and the database in SQL Server 2000. I am using the link of ODBC as my connectivity.
    I have intalled MSDE on the clients systems and MSDE and Enterprise Manager on one of the system which I'm to regard as my server.
    The clients are sometimes seeing each other on the Service Manger of the sql running at the right hand below of the OS Status bar.
    But when ever I connect then, I am using been told "Access is Denied".
    What should I do to enable them communicate which each other normal.
    Thank U.

You have to create sql login in msde for users first, books online tells you how.

I want U to carefully read my questions and give an answer.

Did you 'carefully' read books online?

Engr. Clement, this is a FREE forum. Don't complain about any responses that you get or don't get here. Normally, you would have to pay thousands of dollars in consultation fees to solve your problem, so don't start demanding answers here. You'll get more help if you treat everyone with respect.