Thread: Design Olap Cube tutorial

Design Olap Cube tutorial

Hi! where i can find a tutorial to learn how to design olap cube?

P.S. with some examples of transformation from Relational Database to OLAP db? and some MDX query too?

PS2. free of charge :-D

Thank you!

Coincidentally, I am looking for the same thing too. I have to create an OLAP cube from a db, and do some reporting. I have found this website, which i still have to go through.

http://www.accelebrate.com/sql_train...s_tutorial.htm

Let me know if you find it useful.

J!

Coincidentally, I am looking for the same thing too. I have to create an OLAP cube from a db, and do some reporting. I have found this website, which i still have to go through.

http://www.accelebrate.com/sql_train...s_tutorial.htm

=======================
    hi J,thank u for that link..it's useful too however am looking for one with Oracle...can anyone help me find some useful links in OLAP with oracle on designing cube.
    thanks
    Tash

Hi, can anyone help me with mapping in AWM for dimension and cube. I am trying to create cube with attributes as dimension and one of the attribute is "Body Type" which are "slim, athletic, average and overweight". I was using these types as levels and when I map, it gives problem(talking about surrogate key). If anyone can help me here please.

Thank you in advance

Worse thing is, I don't have anyone around whom I can seek help on oracle cube. Some help here will be highly appreciated.

Do you have any key on the body type dimension?. It can be a sequence number.