Thread: How to mearge data?

Question How to mearge data?

Dear GURUS!

I developed a database in ACCESS and sent it to four different person for Data entry, when I received could not mange to merge all data in one file . I tried "Get External Data" but it makes separate table for each database(in addition to existing table "main_tbl" I have "main_tbl1" "main_tbl2" "main_tbl3" "main_tbl4" ). I want to mearge or import only data from four different files to one file(main_tbl)! (its like append or add data in one database)

anyone can help?

Thank you in ADVANCE!!!!!

Smile

From each of your databases link the relevant "main_tbl1" or "main_tbl2" or "main_tbl3" or "main_tbl4". Now create an append query to append each of your linked tables to your table tbl_main in your main database.
    Allan

Thumbs up Thank You!

Thank you for reply ALLAN, I will try it................

AZHAR

Smile Done but....................

Thank you allen its working! I still have two questions

1. Can we do this for more than one table i.e I want to append two table from one database to another.

2. What happend through this way if I will receive the data from other location, it will duplicate the data or will add only new record or will not work at all and I need to adopt some other way?

Thank you in advance

AZHAR

1. Yes, you can merge more than one table to another table. You will need to append the tables to your main table similar to your original post.
    2.To prevent duplicate data you will need to set your primary key in the final table.
    I suggest you post a database as an example.
    Allan

Smile Thank You!

Hello ALLAN

Thank you so much for your support! What I did made append queries and run through macro by giving a button on interface of database.

Thanks

TC