Thread: Alternative to SmartFOCUS Viper 6.2

Red face Alternative to SmartFOCUS Viper 6.2

Hi there,

Not sure how tricky this one is but i'll give it a go....

I've been tasked with finding an alternative database manipulation software. We currently use Viper 6.2 but are changing our service provider in the near future and need to move all our data from them inhouse.

I have experience of Viper but not particularly knowledgeable when it comes to finding an alternative and cheaper option and would really appreciate some advice.

I have done some google searches and found Oracle and SQL software but I dont have any knowledge of whther these are suitable alternatives.

We need a database that is easy to update inhouse, and easily manipulated by a tool cheaper than viper (£3.5k a year)

Basically looking for an entire new package to take care of our database issues and our data - which we have a LOT of!!

I look forward to hearing peoples suggestions and forgive me if I sound a bit clueless!

Have you looked at or considered something like the Neolane DB solution?

Alternative to SmartFocus

I work for GB Group which is a Chester based plc. We are a data services company that help clients make effective use of customer data.

I have extensive knowledge of all products in the space SmartFocus operates in and I can advise on strengths / weaknesses of each.

We can offer you an alternative based on Alterian software.

If you would like more info call me on 07970 931 423.