Thread: Best DataBase Mgmt System

Best DataBase Mgmt System

I AM RUNNING A SMALL BUSINESS WITH 50 PEOPLE OR LESS AND I HAVE A CHOICE BETWEEN 4 DATABASE SYSTEMS FOR MY BUSINESS. WHICH WOULD BE THE BSET FOR MY COMPANY?
    1. ORACLE 11g
    2. DB2 Universal DataBase ( IBM )
    3. SOL Server 2005 ( Microsoft )
    4. Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise

PLEASE EXPLAIN EACH SYSTEM, ADVANTAGE AND DISADVANTAGE OF THESE ABOVE DB MGMT SYSTEM.

The best answer for this question is "It depends".

Each database system has its own pros and cons. Companies like Gartner or Forrester Research can give you objective view on them.

If you ask each vendor they will say they are the best, same with individuals, people have their preference.

You also need to look at what resources you have in-house. If you have Oracle developers then it will involve cost to retrain them to other platform.

Also depends on what you need to do with rdbms and budget you have.

Start with SQL Server because SQL is not only has database engine, it also has reporting, ETL and OLAP built in and its all comes freely with the same SQL License. you could get a standard edition for less that $900+ client licenses.

I Agree on MSSQL Server ...

It's almost a no-brainer, for all that comes along, and will have the nice secondary effect of catapulting your career, as it is building market share like a bat out of ...

Well, very fast ...

Bill