Thread: Slow query execution with strange issue

Slow query execution with strange issue

Hi there,

Right now I am fazing one issue which is getting hell out of me. I am explaining the issues step by step.

1.I have one site running from last 3 years with large database and there is one main table which has maximum load.
    2.Now, I have redesigned the site with lots of changes within this table too.
    3.The problem is that the server is same, queries are same but output in the new database is taking 50 times more execution time.
    4.I also just copy paste the table, and fire the same query... Strange even that is not working...

Is it something where newly added table or database is having issues in the server??

I have tried all, compared the structures of the data and table but still the query result is too slow on live testing sever. While same query in main site of same server is running perfectly.

Have any one fazed such and issue? Please help me out of the situation as site is ready but I m not able to put new version live.

Thanks in advance. Any details are greatly appreciated.

Xena

How often do you rebuild index and/or update statistics in the db?

xena,

Did you create the proper indexes on the table you rebuilt ?

hi make sure you have all indexes there. rebuild indexes if needed. dont forget to update stats.