Thread: MS SQL Server 2005 help..

MS SQL Server 2005 help..

I have a database that is being hosted by my hosting company, but it has been injected with code as a part of the well known injection spree from China. I've downloaded Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (its a 2005 db) and I can connect to the remote location, and pull up the database. I can run a query on specific tables and can see the code that was injected.

How do I go about manually removing the code? I need to be able to go in and edit the actual fields but can't figure out how to do it.

Any one have any advice?

You can delete those rows with delete statement, check books online for syntax and samples.

I can't delete those rows because I need them. They are what contain the information that run my site. The code was inserted into one column of each table at the end of my data. It's basically a </title> tag and then the opening of a conditional statement which effectively shuts down the page when that data field is called. So I can't delete the rows or columns, I just need to be able to delete the added string of code from my already existing data.

The use update statemnt.