Thread: multiple query report 4 analysis services performance ponit

multiple query report 4 analysis services performance ponit

I am trying to create a report where the final product will be an accumulation of results from several queries (multiple query report). Every line should be a result of new query. It may be that I have to use 2-3 tools. The source of data is an analysis services cube. The delivery tool will be a dashboard (performance point). It is possible that users may have to do extra formatting. This way some users can report number as a sum and other use details.

I tried to use reports from Dashboard designer and then put them together on the dashboard but I need more control on a layout. I looked at reporting within Analysis services. I am about to look at report builder. I would appreciate any ideas.

For more desc look:

Rows:Budget-Column1 Actuals - Column 2
    Revenue (where project <> z and account not in ( “1”, “12”)
    Revenue (where project = z and account = “1”)
    Revenue (where account = “12”)
    Total revenue

Expense (where account <> “6” and project <> y)
    Expense (where account = “6”)
    Expense (where project = y)
    Total expense

Calculated members

Take a look at the calculated members functionality within the cube script. You should be able to create calculated members for each line in your cube, either using an MDX query or directy in the cube.

That ... and KPIs

Calculated Members are a good means to the end - and it appears that KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) might also be of utility, especially in more refined queries to render measurements.

Let us know if you hit any roadblocks in using either, or if you identify a need that requires another approach, for some reason.

Thanks, and good luck!