Thread: Please help with updating/converting problem, thx!

Question Please help with updating/converting problem, thx!

Hi there!

I am encountering a problem with updating a MS SQL 2003 database to the 2005 version.

With SQL Provider i see an Error 8114 for which i could find the following information:

Message Text

Error converting data type %ls to %ls.

Explanation

If the error text refers to both DBTYPE_DATE and datetime, respectively, this error message indicates that a DBTYPE_DATE OLE DB data type column from a remote table could not be converted to a datetime value in Microsoft SQL Server. The DBTYPE_DATE column most likely has a value outside the range supported by the datetime data type (datetime values must be from January 1, 1753, through December 31, 9999). Because the range of values of the DBTYPE_DATE data type is larger than that of the SQL Server datetime data type, such errors can occur if the column contains values outside of the range supported by SQL Server.

But i have no idea how i could solve this problem. It seems like the DATE type has changed between the 2003 and 2005 version?
    I have added the Convert Query (?) as an attachment.

Is there any1 that has an idea of what to do in this case?

Kind regards,

Robert

P.S.
    I must say that i am not an expert in MS SQL
    Attached Files Attached Files

No, datetime type didn't change between sql2k and sql2k5. Ensure you are not using smalldatetime in sql table.

Thanks for the reply,
    I have spotted the problem. There were values with an E notation that the update cancels. It was not able to convert "1.035789363 E -02" after updating this to a "0.0" value the full database update was succesfull.