Thread: Access linked table with asp

Access linked table with asp

Hi,

I have created linked table in Ms Access to the outlook contacts table. But when I try to access the linked I get error message that the table could not be found.

Code:
    Set rs= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    	rs.ActiveConnection = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\nhkdata\nh110605.mdb;"	
    	rs.Source = "SELECT * From Contacts"
    	rs.Open()
    Anyone?

If you open the Access database when it is in the location specified in your code you posted with your question, can you open the outlook contacts table? Is the outlook contacts table on the same server, or is it somewhere else on your network?

Its on the same server.

I can open the table in access maually but not with asp.

Can you open any other linked tables with asp? Or is it the outlook table is the only one you can not open. I'm thinking that asp will not support linked tables.

Its the only linked table. I dont know if asp support linked tables thats what im trying to find out.

Testing the concept is a very valid form of "finding out." I would suggest linking another table into your database, then try to access that newly linked table using asp in your web app. Let me know if it works or not.

Cool Hi

I think u r not giving proper address just like c:\MyDocuments\Ms-Acess.mdb When proper route u will given the error will never show.