Thread: Upload Query data with DTS Packages???

Upload Query data with DTS Packages???

Hi, i have a requirement to upload query data in CSV file. I have created a DTS package and its running fine when i run it manually. But, when i schedule it is not updating the query contents.

I need your help to do this task:
    1. i have one query to pull all details
    2. another query to pull summary info
    3. i have to write a csv file with the results of above two queries. filename has tobe in the format given.
    4. This job has to run daily and upload file with latest data.

Please suggest...

Thanks

Did you put data in remote file? If so, ensure sql agent service account has permission on that location. And use unc name to reference remote file.

I am constructing NEW data file with query contents. This file will be located in a shared folder and uploaded to ftp folder once file writing is done. When i schedule the job, i can find files in shared folder and ftp folder. But, the problem is the contents are not being updated.

Any idea...

"Updated?"

When you say that the "problem is the contents are not being updated," do you mean that the new file produced needs to overwrite the existing file in the destination folder, or do you mean you're trying to "update" the existing file in some other way? (I've seen scenarios where clients want to rename the exisitng files to maintain hsitoricals (while also naming the new file appropriately to be picked up by downstram processes, etc.), or even to append the updates to the existing file ...)

Just trying to understand the requirement ...

Bill

Any Success with This?

Let us know your challenges, and we'll try to assist further ...

Thanks!

Bill