Thread: "The process could not connect to subscriber", on workgroup

Exclamation "The process could not connect to subscriber", on workgroup

Problem:
    Error message "The process could not connect to subscriber", when i complete my push replication.

Environment:

I have 2 machines Server A, Server B, Sql Server 2000 desktop version installed on both, Windows Xp with Service Pack 2. These computer as in a workgroup.

Scenario:
    I have a database on server A, that is being published, so i made Server A publisher and subscriber. I am doing merge replication. I create a push subscription on the same Server A, and another Push subscription on Server B. When i finished my subscription the merge agent started and it run successfully for a subscription at the same server but shows error for subscription on Server B. I have created users on both computer with same name and authority. I can access each directory of the server B from Server A and vice versa. But wwhenever i tried replication it showed error as mentioned above "The process could not connect to subscriber".Kindly mention me that what am i doing wrong?

THat's sql service account's permission issue. Try create a windows account with same name and password on both machines, start sql services with that account, then setup replication again.

I have windows account on both servers with same name and passwords. Here is confusion when u said that start services with that account, i am logged in on both servers with same account and sqlservices are running.
    I have changed the services log on property to this account and there i put the name 'sqladmin', in this way the services does not run as i am logged in with this account but as a local user, so i again have to change it to local system account.

That account needs local admin rights, and make it sercive startup account for mssql and sql agent services.