Thread: Looking for mentor (service) for help designing web client for DB access

Question Looking for mentor (service) for help designing web client for DB access

I work at a place that does device testing where the test results are saved in a SQL database. I have an objective to create a plan for a pilot project to place the data on our intranet so our engineering dept can research test results.

I'm trying to find some group I can beg / borrow / pay to look at our schema and help me chart out what tools we should use and how much (ballpark) work is involved.

I'm a VB.NET developer. I did a tutorial on SQL Reporting Services and see potential there. I skimmed a tutorial on SQL Analysis services, and like the idea of being able to trend our data. But it's over my head at this point to get from where I'd like to be to what Microsoft tools to use and how to put them together.

I contacted one local DB/Developer shop and they wanted to bring in a team of engineers for two days and charge us $6000 for a "total solution". Instead of that, I'd like to maybe spend an hour on the phone and some emails to send a schema to someone who knew the tools inside/out and get a pretty good recommendation for a reasonable price.

Any ideas on how I can find such help?

thanks much - Mark

Hello

Can you post in your Contact Info (Email ID).

Thanks
    Kalyan
    KalyanATggktech.com
    http://www.ggktech.com/contactus.htm
    Last edited by drgkreddy; 04-29-2008 at 09:12 AM.

I May Be Able to Help ...

Let me know if I can offer assistance as well - and don't hesitate to look over my articles here at Database Journal.

My contact info is below.

Bill