Hi there, I have used MS Access to extract, manipulate, validate and manage my data and MS Excel for data analysis and reporting. Now the data has grown beyond what I can do with MS Access and Excel. I have been learning SQL Server 2005 and Visual studio (VB) for over a year now. I feel confident that I can develop SSIS solutions; develop couple of databases, SSAS and SSRS solutions and upgrade everything we currently do with MS Office. I have been asked by couple of my senior managers is to write down everything we will need e.g. hardware, OS, software for a standalone database hosting server for development and to provide access to a web based application (not just a web site). All our operations managers, analysts should be able to access the application via their web browser, view reports, analyse data online, if needed select and download data in excel that is relevant to their function.

I am ok with database development etc, but when it comes to server, web based application, I need help. I want to know what hardware, software, OS, any other development tools to develop browser based front end for my cubes, reports etc.

I have searched the web and looked in a number of books, read few online articles but nothing seems to make sense.

Many thanks