I have read this article posted on this site. It looks pretty good. I am talking about DBMS_TRANSFER_FILE.COPY_FILE();.
I have little bit different issue. In production the whole setup is on ASM except control files of the instance is lying outside on file system.

Let me be more clear the instance was created using ASM and one fine day a DBA crashed the setup. So we had to set it up at the earliest without the Control,system and sysaux file outside the ASM and the instance could be accessed. This is a production instance accessed by thousands of users across the continent over web. All these activity was carried out by a DBA when I was not here. Last monthly maintenance he moved system and sysaux file and left behind the control file and I have no idea how he did it.

So I was looking for an easiest way of moving these control files to ASM with limited time usage as the production setup is across the ocean and I will be using WAN and Verizion conectivity to resolve this issue. I have read the DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER.COPY_FILE(). I am still finding it uncomfortable to use, please some one help me with its functionality and usage. It will be nice to let me know if it is not the correct way of doing it. Guide me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Shiva