Thread: Help for Error: 602, Severity: 21, State: 4

Help for Error: 602, Severity: 21, State: 4

Please help me the cause and solution for Error: 602, Severity: 21, State: 4 which is raised while trying to excute a select query on a particular table.

This does not occur every time i excute the query

thanks in advance

Explanation

This error occurs when Microsoft SQL Server cannot find a row in the sysindexes table for a needed table or index (for example, when executing a stored procedure that references a table that has been dropped).

Action

If the error occurs because a stored procedure references a dropped table, drop and re-create the stored procedure. This error may also occur in conjunction with other error messages that better point to the root cause of the problem. Execute DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes; also execute DBCC CHECKDB.

If the problem persists, contact your primary support provider. Have the output from the DBCC CHECKDB statement available for review.

Thanks for that..

Running DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes didn't help.It did return any error.

The scenario is something like this

Restored a database backup which was take earlier and queried a table.At that instance i got this error.

Error: 602, Severity: 21, State: 4
    Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 15, object ID 1109578991, index ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes..

The object id which was returned by the error was that of dt_setpropertybyid_u object.

Note: This does not occur every time.

Nothing

You should either restore the db from good backup or contact Microsoft support.