Thread: Annual consumption report to MS Access

Annual consumption report to MS Access

Gud day to all...
    I am new beginner to MS Access.. We have a database using a MS SQL, I have run a query like this one:

select itemldgr.itemid, items.itemdesc, items.stkcategory, itemldgr.docid, itemldgr.docno, qtyin, qtyout, mscwarehouse.address, itemldgr.docdate
    from itemldgr, items, mscwarehouse
    where ITEMLDGR.itemid = ITEMS.itemid
    AND itemldgr.whcode = 'DEP000000000001'
    and itemldgr.docdate >= '01-01-2006'
    AND itemldgr.docdate <= '12-31-2006'
    AND ITEMLDGR.docid not like 'RR'

I export the data to excel since this is limited to 65,536 rows only, so what I did is i have run the query on a MONTHLY basis. After i export it to excel on monthly basis per worksheet, I import it to MS Access per month...My problem is how do I make a report on a Annual basis since I already made a report on a monthly basis .. How do I make report by getting the total items since i have created a report per month, in short how do i make summary report on it ...

Could You Clarify?

Are you saying that, once you import the various months, you are unable to generate an MS Access report displaying a full years data? Or that you still have a problem with generating the report in Excel (which you still would, under the scenario you describe)? Or are you simply asking for an approach to summarizing the year versus showing every month's details.

BTW, the 65k limitation goes away in Excel 2007 ... I do millions of rows in spreadsheets all the time, these days ...

Good Luck.

Bill