Thread: Progress ODBC Connection Search String within DataSet

Progress ODBC Connection Search String within DataSet

Hi All,

I have recently started a new job and trying to get to grips with Visual Studio 2005, I have successfully created a database link to MSSQL server running locally on my machine using the DataSet functionality within VS2005. I have now run into problems however when trying to set up a query to connect to a Progress database using the same method.

I can successfully create the connection and pull out records, however when I create a dynamic query such as (SELECT "column1" FROM "table1" WHERE "column1" = '@variable') I run into problems.

With the nature of the Progress ODBC connection we need to include the quotes around each column and variable, however the input variable "@variable1" is not recognised and forces ASP.NET and VS to throw an error.

Does anybody out there have any suggestions? Please bare with me as I have only been using VS2005 for about 3 days now.

Many thanks for your time.

Gareth

This is the forum of a product called ASP-db. A web DB tool using asp and aspx. Take some time and go through the web site www.aspdb.com and then decide an approach for your MS Web DB applications approach. VS and many others are close end tools that you have to play by it's rule. ASP-db is a kind of tool that put you in charge.

Frank