Thread: How to move one table and it's dependancies to a new server

How to move one table and it's dependancies to a new server

Hey,

To reduce the load on my current server I wish to move a table which is being updated frequently by a static feed to an independant server.

Is there any way of moving a table with all of it's dependancies (Stored procedures and other tables) to another server without manually finding them all.

I'm very new to this as you can tell so if you require specifics let me know

Jim

In data export wizard -> copy db objects, there is option to copy all dependancies.

Moving A Table

Jim,

Let me know which sql server you are using.(both source and target server)

In SQL 2000 using Enterprise Manager you can import the database effectively,By default after installing SQL 2000,you should have local database in the machine.

Open Enterprise Manager->right Click local db->all tasks->import data

DTS wizrad will open which will guide you the entire data transformation operations

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycricket
    Hey,

To reduce the load on my current server I wish to move a table which is being updated frequently by a static feed to an independant server.

Is there any way of moving a table with all of it's dependancies (Stored procedures and other tables) to another server without manually finding them all.

I'm very new to this as you can tell so if you require specifics let me know

Jim