Thread: Process incremental data in Cubes

Smile Process incremental data in Cubes

I have got a fact table which is getting data on a hourly basis.I need to transfer this data into the cube.
    The problem here is that the previous data should not get modified and this hourly data should be appended to the original data.After doing the data transfer I am deleting the data from the fact table.
    I am using the Incremental process option for this task.
    But I am not able to append the data,instead the data is getting overwritten.
    I have tried this for dimensions too. First I am doing the ProcessUpdate option for dimensions and then doing the ProcessIncremental for cube.This is also not giving the correct result.
    Please help me on this isue. Any help is welcome.

I am already using partitioning of data of 15
    days..............and i need to append the data to that partition
    only............Creating a partition of hourly data is not feasible in the present system...........any help is welcome.......

You're Doing What?

You say "The problem here is that the previous data should not get modified and this hourly data should be appended to the original data.After doing the data transfer I am deleting the data from the fact table..."

What? You're wanting to update the cube and then remove the underlying facts?

(And BTW, version info is pretty important with MSSQL Server ...)

Thanks.

Bill

Question

Thanks for ur response Bill........
    I am using SQL Server 2005.....
    that is exactly what I want to do..........I want to append the data in the cube and then delete the data from the fact table.Now in the fact table next hours data will come and it should get appended to the data in the cube using Process Incremental option.
    But the problem I am facing is that the data instesd of being appended is being replaced.......Please help