Thread: Transaction Option in SSIS

Transaction Option in SSIS

Hi,

I made a small SSIS package where I am performing some data transfer operations.

There are two servers A and B

I am getting some data from A , comparing it with some data in Server B and finally inserting some data back in A on the basis of the comparison and logic.

Anyway, the internal logic of SSIS package is not important here. What is important is that since I am deleting the data in Server A before reflooding it from Server B , this SSIS package needs to be in a transaction for obvious data integrity reasons.

I tried to put the "TransactionOption" of the package to "Required" and it fails to acquire connection after that. I do not seem to understand the reason for it because as soon as I revert the transaction option to "Supported" it is able to acquire the connection.
    Thanks fr the reply JayH.

The error I am getting is :

[Execute SQL Task]Error :Failed to acquire Connection"reidwsrv.WorkflowReporting1"Connection may not be configured correcttly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection. "reidwsrv.WorkflowReporting1" is one of my connection manager.
    Thanks fr the reply JayH.

[Execute SQL Task]Error :Failed to acquire Connection"reidwsrv.WorkflowReporting1"Connection may not be configured correcttly or you may not have the right permissions on this connection. "reidwsrv.WorkflowReporting1" is one of my connection manager.

Last edited by abhishek.thakur; 05-21-2007 at 07:33 AM. Reason: additional info