Thread: sql connection failed because of connection failure login failed for user 'SW8/Guest

sql connection failed because of connection failure login failed for user 'SW8/Guest

Sir i am trying to connect sql from my LAN to my networked computers but whenever i tried to register it through Enterprise manager i get following "SQL Server registration failed because of the conection failure displayed below.Do you wish to Register anyway? Login failed for user 'SW17/Guest'

where SW17/ is my another computer name...
    i have checked tcp and named pipes
    and confirm username for sql authentication too
    please help me as i being late submit my project

Are both SW17 and the one with SQL Server part of a windows domain?. If yes, create a login in sql server for a domain user account and login to SW17 using that account and register with windows authentication.

Your other option is to use SQL Authentication instead of Windows authentication. For this create a sql login in sql server and use that to register.

You can't windows authentication for user on another machine, only works for domain user or user on sql server itself.

Urgent SQL

I have 2 questions,

1: I have a windows workgroup (not domain), I install SQL 2000 with Windows Authentication mode, I receive (Login failure form /servername/guest whenever I try to connect to any databse.

I need to know how to connect two databse on SQL through windows workgroup

2: I have SQL 2000 Server, and I need a tool for other users to connect to my databse without any permissions to edit it, or create, or modify databses on the server

I wish to receive a reply from you,

Thank you