Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by meLady View Post
    Hello,
    mayy anis
    I have a table called "users", it has two fields "username" and "password".

I have a form called "User Login Form". It has two text boxes and a button as following:

1- txtUsername
    2- txtPassword
    3- btnEnter

I would like to link these textboxes with a table. The idea is that the user must enter his/her username & password in the mentioned text boxes. Then, the user will press the enter button.

So the system will varify the input, if it not correct the error message will appear. If it correct, then the required form will be displayed (^_^).

this process is very new for me and I would like to learn it and I would be more appreciate with your kindly assistance.
    i have the same proplem so please give me the solution

Please read through this thread as I have placed examples in various messages.If you still require more information please post to this thread
    Allan

thanks a lot

Hi allan,

Very nice login function you have posted. I have some questions. First, when you are logged in, and you want to have a list on the main menu, showing who is logged in, how can I make this? And second, I have made my own login function, but it is only one of the passwords which are working. Why? Is it my programming or something?

Rg. Brian

Hello Brian

Thank you for your comments.

To see who is logged in try this site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198755

What error message is displayed? Post your database to the forum, remove any confidental data before posting, just use sample data.
    Allan

Thank you, I hope it suits your needs.

Let me know if require any more information

tiffany earrings
    tiffany pendants
    cheap tiffany rings

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy View Post
    If you require a copy of my demo version of the login screen
    please send me an email at allanmurphy@unwired.com.au as the size of the file exceeds the attachment limit

Allan
    hello there! i need help about above topic How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)
    please help me
    my email add is tariqaligohar@gmail.com
    thanks in advance.

Smile

Hi Allan,

Thanks for all the demos you've provided. I'm fairly new to Access and your demos have been a great start in helping me remember my VB and learn Access' tools.

I have a quick question, in of the files you uploaded (login_demo_3.mdb) you were able to make 3 levels of security. I don't see how this is secure as when I log in with Level 1 access, I can still just go to the side panel, click on tbl_users and edit the users.
    Is there anyway of making a database so that level 1 can only add information to given tables and create reports of them, but cannot edit in anyway, while level 2 has unrestricted access?

Your quick reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh

This databse was to show members how to mutliple access levels without using the security levels that comes with access.

You do not give the user access to a table so that they can add, edit or delete a record. You must use a form as an interface.

If you look at switchboard_lev1 in the ItemText field there is a menu item Add new User - Continuous Form in the command field there is a 2. When the user selects this menu item the code in the Private Function HandleButtonClick(intBtn As Integer) opens the form that is in the argument field for that menu item in the ADD mode only.

The next record in the table has a 3 in the argument field this allows the user to Edit a record.

To prevent the user seeingg "behind the scenes you will need to set your Startup options. What version of access are you using?

Reply to me off list and I will try and assist you.
    Allan

This is the best login screen that I have yet to demo.

Thanks Alan

If I have time over the next couple of weeks I will post a variation to my previous examples. This new one does not access levels where there is a different switchboard for each level but one where the menu items are populated depending on the user's role.
    Allan

I just want to say Allan Murphy is a GOD. I was looking for something on Google, ended up here, already knew how to do this but after reading the posts realized he has carried this topic for FOR DAMN YEARS! That deserves a medal, dude. Cheers to you, mate, and the few with your patience and perseverence.

And YES, I did register on this board for the sole purpose of making this post. You rarely see generosity like this, so when you do you have to give props.

Hey Allan, really appreciate your working sample on this ms access program. was searching for some reference to do my latest project and found your site on google. Am bookmarking this topic and followups. Please share further on any samples and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Demo

Hi Allan,

Your Demo is fantastic, how do i change the button headings as it keeps defaulting back to the original.

thanks,
    Stewart

Hello Stewart

The attached document explains the switchboard table. You ItemText to chnage the menu item.

Also read my reply on 06-08-2011 03:44 PM message 69 from memory that explains what the action means.

Please contact me if require further assistance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Allan