Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Login Demo

If you Login into my sample as TEST3 you will see a menu item title Add/Edit Users it is a continuous form.

Would you prefer a form to Add and another form to Edit an user? Please provide your requirements.

Allan
    Allan

im sorry allan,but i dont know where to find TEST3..maybe you can provide another to me,it will be my pleasure =)

edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you

Question Do you still have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy
    I have developed a similar Login form that validates the User ID and Password plus it also validates the users password expiry date. If you like I could send a sample to you or post it to this group.

I use a form with unbound boxes for the Userid and Password, when the user presses the Button to access the database I use a couple of Dlookups to check for a valid user then check for valid password. If both are correct then the next form is opened. If either is incorrect then a message is displayed, the user then has the option to re-enter the user id and password or click on the Exit button to close the database
    Hi Allan,

I was wondering if you still have this login form available. I'm kinda new to databases and was wondering how to use a similar login for an existing database. At the same time do you know how to change the first window/form that appears when opening a database?

Thanks!!

Sample Database

The sample database is an attachment to one of my replies on the page 1 of this thread.

What do you mean how to change the first window/form that appears when opening a database?

You can set a form to be displayed when the database opens by going to the menu bar select Tools, then select Startup from the dropdown menu, a dialog box is displayed, then in the Display Form/Page, select the form you want to display when the database opens.
    Allan

Re: Log-in form in Microsoft Access

Good day!

Can you please send me a copy of Log-in form in Microsoft Access? I also want to use such kind of form instead of using workgroup security.

Thank you in advanced...
    Hope to hear from you...

Thanks once again...

Ronald

Login Database Sample

Ronald

The sample database is an attachment to one of my replies towards the bottom of page 1 of this thread.
    Allan

Hi Allan, Im have created a database and need to apply the security settings 3 levels as you have done to show certain buttons for the 3 levels. I Have looked at your code and still can seem to understand what you have done. Can you please help!!!!!!!

Smile Login Screen

I am not using the Security Level settings available in Access.

I have a table tbl_users that has the user's details, the field access_level is a term that I use to determine the menu items (switchboard) that will be displayed when the user logs in.

Briefly this is how it works.

- User Logs in with an User Id and Password.
    - User clicks on ENTER
    - Module display_menu in mod_display_menu is called
    - variable valid_user is initially set to 2 as a flag inidcate a valid user.
    - Variable check_user is check if the user_id exists in tbl_users.
    - If it is a valid user then the user's password at login is checked against the password in tbl_users.
    - if the user id and password are correct then the user's access level is obtained. This access_level will be used to displayed the relevant menu (switchboard).
    - The Select Case valid_user. Case 0,1 are for invalid user id or password. Case 2 is for a valid user.
    - The Select Case access_level is used to display the relevant menu. The variable password_period is used to check the expiry date of the password. If the password has expired then the user is FORCED to change their password by opening the form frm_change_password. If the password has not expired then the switchboard is displayed relevant to the access level. If for some reason there is an invalid access_level a message is displayed to the user.
    - When the form frm_change_password is displayed the user must change their password, the password expiry date is set to the current date plus 30 days. Then the relevant menu is displayed using similar code for the access_level in the above Select Case access_level in the form frm_change_password.

Contact me if you still need more information.
    Allan

NOT work

Hi Guy,

I downloaded the attached file. But, it did not work with the password you provided with the txt file.
    Also, I CANNOT open any OLD db file from now. Access need to input login and password every time.

How come?

Thumbs up Login Form in MS-Access

Hi

I am Logan. I need the form design and coding for the first time as sample. Thanks & Regards.

Loganathan.R

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy
    I have developed a similar Login form that validates the User ID and Password plus it also validates the users password expiry date. If you like I could send a sample to you or post it to this group.

I use a form with unbound boxes for the Userid and Password, when the user presses the Button to access the database I use a couple of Dlookups to check for a valid user then check for valid password. If both are correct then the next form is opened. If either is incorrect then a message is displayed, the user then has the option to re-enter the user id and password or click on the Exit button to close the database

Look at message 10 on this thread
    Allan

I will appareciate your help on how to create a user login form which i can link with a database table,using MS Access 2003.

Thanks,
    cutebj.

Message 10 on this thread will give you some ideas. Otherwise post your requirements.
    Allan

User Login

[QUOTE=meLady]Hello,

I have a table called "users", it has four fields "username", "password", "Login Time" and "Log out time"

I have a form called "User Login Form". It has two text boxes and a button as following:

1- txtUsername
    2- txtPassword
    3- btnClick

I would like to link these textboxes with a table. The idea is that the user must enter his/her username & password in the mentioned text boxes. Then, the user will press the enter button.

So the system will varify the input, if it is not correct the error message will appear. If it correct, then the required form will be displayed.
    What do I do?
    I would be glad if any body can help with with this.
    Thank U.

Please read through the thread and if you still require more information please post your question to the forum I will assist you.
    Allan