Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Sonia

Would you please be more specific in your meaning of "credentials"?

If you mean add a new user to the database then it will be advisable to use a form. The code can be used to add a new user when the user id is not valid. But the question is has a valid user entered an incorrect user id or an incorrect paasword, or an employee has entered an user id in the process of obtaining unauthorised access to the database?

Using a form you are able to control the users who have access to the database.
    Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy View Post
    Sonia

Would you please be more specific in your meaning of "credentials"?

If you mean add a new user to the database then it will be advisable to use a form. The code can be used to add a new user when the user id is not valid. But the question is has a valid user entered an incorrect user id or an incorrect paasword, or an employee has entered an user id in the process of obtaining unauthorised access to the database?

Using a form you are able to control the users who have access to the database.
    Allan, user id and password is saved in backed file users have only front end, but his details are saved in backend file.now i want when ever user is entering user id and password it should match from backend file. so have attached both front end and backend, kindly do something so when ever user is entering his user id and password his details should match from the backend file.
    the frond end file name is proposal2 and back end file name is Database2.
    need your attention on below. i am getting error on below.this code is written for the table which is in the same file. but my table is in split and will send u the file.

check_user = DCount("[user_id]", "tbl_users", "user_id=forms!frm_main!user_id")

Regards,
    Sonia
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sonia

I would like to continue this off forum. So would you please supply me with your email address.

Me email address is allanmurphy47@gmail.com
    Allan

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy View Post
    Sonia

I would like to continue this off forum. So would you please supply me with your email address.

Me email address is allanmurphy47@gmail.com

Dear Allan,
    my email id
    soniasas0190@gmail.com.